What is a Registered Dietitian?
“Registered Dietitian” is a protected title which is regulated by a provincial body to protect the public. A Registered Dietitian must have a minimum of a 4 year Bachelor of Science in Human Nutrition degree, completed an accredited practicum, passed the Canadian Dietitian Registration Exam and be registered by the provincial regulatory body (College of Dietitians of BC). Registered Dietitians are required to practice ethically, competently and safely with evidence based research.
What can a Registered Dietitian do for you?
A Registered Dietitian (RD) can work with you to provide tailored nutrition advice and information based on your specific medical history, activity, food preferences/allergies and lifestyle to help you make realistic and MAINTAINABLE changes to suit your personal needs, lifestyle and health/nutrition goals.
An RD can help:
- Coach you through diet and lifestyle changes as you work to achieve your healthy eating goals, achieving a health weight or work to manage disease
- With label reading, grocery shopping and saving money at the grocery store
- With practical ideas for meals and snacks on the go, cooking tips and more
- Analyze and adapt your favorite recipes to meet your lifestyle and health needs
Nutrition is all over the media- an RD can help you sift through fact from fiction when making nutritional choices. An evidenced base specific individualized nutrition care plans can help with:
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Prevention or management of chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, osteoporosis or inflammation
- Digestive issues
- Food allergies/intolerances
- Cancer, Malnutrition
- Sports Nutrition
- Menu planning for busy, active or specialized diets (i.e. vegetarianism, veganism)
- Any other nutrition or food related questions/concerns.
Registered Dietitian services are now covered by many extended health insurance companies!
Personalized nutrition recommendations based on how your genes respond to diet. In this package you will have an initial 30 minute testing session where a mouth swab will be collected for genetic analysis, a nutritional analysis of your current diet (online questionnaire), followed by a 60 minute nutrition consultation to review your detailed report based on the analysis of your current diet and your genetic results, including personalized dietary recommendations based on your genetic results.
1x 30minute Initial Testing Session
1x 60minute Genetic Results and Nutrition Consultation
*Optional add on: $20 print book of your personalized nutrition results
30 Minute Initial Testing session: meet with our Registered Dietitian to obtain an overview of the process and provide mouth swab for genetic testing.
60 Minute Genetic Results and Nutrition Consultation: follow up session with our Registered Dietitian about 3weeks after an initial testing session to go over your personalized nutrition results and recommendations based on same.
Nutrigenomix Package: $530